Thursday, May 7, 2015

What's happening!!

My how things have gotten busy! I was chatting with a friend today and was talking about what was happening right now with our adoption and she mentioned that she follows the blog and it had me thinking... I probably should update everyone a bit. It's been awhile:) So I apologize for not giving an update. Things have been super busy lately with organizing and having our garage sale.

What a huge successful garage sale we had over the last couple of weekends. We raised over $7,000 for our adoption!!! We were completely blown away by God's faithfulness. We had NO idea that we would make that much money in a garage sale. We did have ALOT of stuff but I just never thought that we would make that amount. So THANK YOU to those of you who came and shopped our garage sale and to those who donated items to our sale. We had 24 families donate items for us to sell along with our things. I also had a handful of help getting things organized and priced for the sale. Without everyone's help, we would not have been able to pull off the sale. I was a complete mess leading up to the sale because I was just so overwhelmed with peoples generosity and with all the items that were donated, that I had no idea where to begin! I am definitely glad that it is over but it was very well worth it.




In other news, this past Tuesday we underwent another round of the list release. Every three weeks or so China will release a list of possible children up for adoption. Our agency closely monitors that list and will give us a child's file if it matches our specifications. Unfortunately there wasn't a match this time around. This is the 3rd round that we have gone through since having our papers in China. We were disappointed that their wasn't a match, but we are hopeful and trust that the Lord has it in control and we will meet her when we he wants us to. It's hard to wait, but we have hope that he's taking good care of her and knows who she is. That moment when we meet her on paper for the first time will be so special and we can't wait for that!

We did have the opportunity to look through a child's file during the garage sale madness but through a lot of prayer and research, we just didn't feel like that was "the one" for our family. Every adoption agency has partnerships with orphanages in China. When they have these connections, they are able to get adoptive families for the children without having to go on the "list". So that is how we received her file. She was an adorable little girl and I just wanted to snatch her up based off of her picture. But we just didn't have a peace about it. We hope the absolute best for her and pray that the right family will come along for her. It was super hard to say no. It weighed heavy on our hearts and was a very tough decision. We didn't want to base it on how cute she was though. So here we are waiting. The waiting part is always hard. The unknown. The dreaming and thinking of when that day will come. So while we wait another 3 weeks, we will be caught up in the end of the year school activities and get decorating on a sweet little girls room.

My favorite song right now is I Am Not Alone by Kari Jobe. It is so perfect for right now in the midst of this waiting period. That we will not fear and are not alone. That he will go before us. He will never leave us. He will fight for us. That he amazes us, is faithful, and calls us his own!

"I Am Not Alone"

When I walk through deep waters
I know that you will be with me
When i'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into you
Lord, you fight my every battle
And I will not fear

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as your own

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul


1 comment:

  1. I heard that song as I walked by your house tonight. Then I saw you in the car passing by. That is amazing for me to read your blog tonight and find out it is your favorite song right now! You are not alone and neither is your daughter who you will meet soon. God has gone before you and is preparing her for you. It is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete